The European Union’s annual Work Programme states that, in 2018, the European Commission will prioritize the following technology issues:
- Establishing a regulatory framework for online communications;
- Reforming copyrights in the digital single market (DSM);
- Regulating contracts that concern the supply of digital content;
- Preventing traders from geo-blocking (i.e., discriminating against customers located in other EU Member States);
- Regulating cross-border package-delivery services; and
- Establishing online privacy legislation.
Read the full client alert here.